This is the space where people try to sum up their lives in three sentences.
- I’m interested in everything and need another life to accomplish all the things I want to do.
- My motto is Dum vivimus, vivamus, which in Latin means “Let us LIVE while we live.”
- I’m a writer, preschool through grade 12 multiple-subject teacher, professional pianist and choral director, and outdoor enthusiast…who also enjoys sharing teaching ideas.
- My teaching style? Here’s a comment from a public school 3rd grader when he introduced me to his parents: “This is Ms. Locklear. Her class isn’t school.”
I better explain #4. Starting with my first teaching job, I’ve written productions, units, and curricula every year, creating experiences that were predominantly hands-on. Luckily, testing data…if testing is important to you…has documented that my students have excelled with my rather unusual instructional techniques. More importantly, they remained interested, enthusiastic, focused, and always seemed to rise above my high expectations.
I have a bit of writing backup from my former Principal, P. VanDenBrink: “Her intelligence and organization in curriculum writing and planning is outstanding.”
- Founder and Director of the 80-student Central Oregon History Performers – celebrating history through music, art, dance, and drama (1996-2017)
- Has lived in England, Germany, Morocco, and Switzerland.
Bachelor of Music University of Texas at Austin; M.A. Stephen F. Austin State University