Sailing Ships 1800s ~ A Cape Cod sea captain story
Although listed as a “skit” this is more accurately scenes from a real ocean incident off Chile in 1862.
Summary: The captain’s wife sees a speck in the distance. Was it men adrift? Castaways? Pirates? Find out in this true story of life at sea during the time of iron men and wooden ships.
- Cast: 6
- Grades: 9-12
- Setting: 1862 on board ship, later in a home.
- Performance Time: 10 minutes
HOW CAN THIS SKIT BE USED?
- In history classes as reader’s theatre or semi-performed with scripts in hand.
- As an introduction into further study of life at sea as well as shipwrecks and search and rescue. (See topics in the resource.)
- In history or history-arts performances.
See the LOOK INSIDE! preview to the left.