This is the space where people try to sum up their lives in four sentences.
- I’m interested in everything and need another life to accomplish all the things I want to do.
- My motto is Dum vivimus, vivamus, which in Latin means “Let us LIVE while we live.”
- I’m a writer, preschool through grade 12 multiple-subject teacher, professional pianist and choral director, faculty coach, outdoor enthusiast, and one who loves interacting with people from different cultures.
- My teaching style? Here’s a comment from a public school 3rd grader when he introduced me to his parents: “This is Ms. Locklear. Her class isn’t school.”
I better explain #4. Starting with my first teaching job, I’ve written music-drama productions and units and curricula in various fields, creating experiences that are predominantly hands-on. Testing data has documented that my students have excelled with my rather unusual instructional techniques. More importantly, they remain interested, enthusiastic, focused, and always seem to rise above my high expectations. So yes, that 3rd grader was spot on!
I have a bit of writing backup from my former principal at an overseas school: “Her intelligence and organization in curriculum writing and planning is outstanding.” – Phillip V.
- …hold degrees from the University of Texas at Austin and Stephen F. Austin State University.
- …am Founder and Director of the 80-student Central Oregon History Performers – celebrating history through music, art, dance, and drama.
- …have taught in many kinds of schools: public, private Christian, non-traditional, community, and overseas international. I also home educated my children.
- …have been honored with awards: Master Teacher, Goal-Setter Excellence, Most Prodigious Teacher.
- …write articles: Al Akhawayn University Bridge (Morocco), As You Were: The Military Review, The Berwick Advertiser (England), The Choral Journal, Homeschool Life Magazine, The Mayflower Quarterly Magazine, Randall House Museum (Canada), and Wreck & Rescue Journal (U.S. Life-Saving Service Heritage Association).
It’s obvious I can’t sum up my life in four sentences. But what I CAN do is support you as a teacher or parent with great ideas!
“Rebecca has a reputation for excellence. She’s the best of the best when it comes to getting the greatest effort from students. I’ve often watched her working with a group of students and wondered how she does it – how she gets them to fall in love with her and her subject matter so that they’re willing to give 110%.” – Jodi K., educator
“I sincerely applaud Rebecca’s creativity and her desire to help educators.” – Marcia, educator/reviewer (2022)